From: K. Noel Belcourt (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-24 14:02:56

On Apr 24, 2008, at 10:26 AM, John Maddock wrote:

> K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
>>> It seems that I need to add this patch to intel.hpp to get the
>>> intel-
>>> darwin config tests to pass. I've also attached the user.hpp
>>> generated when I ran the configure script. Does this patch look
>>> reasonable and do you see any other changes that need to be made
>>> based on the output in user.hpp?
>
> Yep please go ahead and apply: this should probably be reported to
> Intel, as
> we already have:
>
> #if (defined(__GNUC__) && (__GNUC__ < 4)) || defined(_WIN32)
> // GCC or VC emulation:
> #define BOOST_NO_TWO_PHASE_NAME_LOOKUP
> #endif
>
> which should take care of this, but the gcc version being emulated
> is 4.0.4
> which I don't *think* has this bug?

Okay, I'll report this to intel. I think Intel's gcc emulation
version is 4.0.1 (--gnu_version=401). I ran the configure script
with the gcc compilers and indeed it doesn't define this macro.

> Looking through user.hpp it looks like:
>
> BOOST_HAS_PTHREAD_MUTEXATTR_SETTYPE
> BOOST_HAS_NANOSLEEP
>
> could both be defined in macos.hpp, maybe conditionally on the OS
> version?

I can't find any OS version macros to condition with so I went with
__GNUC__ == 4, so it would set these macros for both gcc and intel.
Does that seem reasonable?

> I also note that your user.hpp has BOOST_NO_STD_WSTREAMBUF defined,
> although
> it's not set in Boost.Config and doesn't appear to be causing
> issues with
> config_test? Maybe this is addressed by the Boost.Build fixes you
> posted?

Oversight on my part. I forgot to set CXXFLAGS=-D__WINT_TYPE__=int
before running configure. Thanks for pointing this out.

-- Noel