From: Hervé Brönnimann (hervebronnimann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-30 07:19:36

floatdistance(lhs, rhs)?

And as someone noted earlier, it should be the number of gaps, or
rather: the number of times nextafter needs to be applied to lhs in
order to obtain rhs. Otherwise, the "number of representations
between lhs and rhs" is 0 in two cases, when rhs==lhs or when rhs ==
nextafter(lhs).

--
Hervé Brönnimann
hervebronnimann_at_[hidden]