From: Kevin Lynch (krlynch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-02 08:32:04

Paul A Bristow wrote:
> But none of suggestions so far for the difference or distance really grabs me.

I would agree with you here....

> Complicated mathy terms like edit_difference and distance will not be what the above users will be looking for, even if they are
> what they need.

... but would also point out that you can't call EVERYTHING next or
prior or prev or succ or ... When you are dealing with technically
detailed, domain specific functions, you should (in my opinion, of
course) use longer, more detailed names for disambiguation and clarity.

> Paul

Kevin Lynch				voice:	(617) 353-6025
Physics Department			Fax: (617) 353-9393
Boston University			office:	 PRB-361
590 Commonwealth Ave.			e-mail:	 krlynch_at_[hidden]
Boston, MA 02215 USA			http://budoe.bu.edu/~krlynch