From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-05 06:19:10

A brief glance shows that Wikipedia lacks a formula for the cdf

but http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=151271.151274 looks promising

An accurate computation of the hypergeometric distribution function
Full text pdf formatPdf (676 KB)
Source ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software (TOMS) archive
Volume 19 , Issue 1 (March 1993) table of contents
Pages: 33 - 43
Year of Publication: 1993
ISSN:0098-3500
Author
Trong Wu Southern Illinois Univ., Edwardsville

but I don't have immediate access to the full article pdf.

Suggestions?

MathCAD appears to offer the density, cumulative and inverse, so this could provide some independent test values.

So I might be persuaded to tackle this (rather tedious - the formulae look a bit messy) task.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]