From: Phil Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-07 01:37:16

"Steven Watanabe" <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> {
> shifted_ptr<vector> v = new_sh<vector>();
> v->elements.push_back(v);
> }
> BOOST_CHECK_EQUAL(count, 0);

[...]

I apologize for the late reply, I was having issues with my installation. I
switched the environment and finally had a chance to check it out.

The text mentionned against shows the undefined behavior of shifted_ptr when
used with STL containers. STL containers use global operator new for
allocation and shifted_ptr will therefore not be able to distinguish the
heap section from the stack section.

There are various solutions for this problem and I am currently working on
one that should be more reliable and portable.

-Phil