From: Carlos Rafael Giani (e0325834_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-11 08:47:53

Hello,

there is utility code for serializing an adjancency_list graph to an
archive in the BGL. But I wonder about two things:

1) I have a list of descriptors in my program. This list is a selection
of vertices. If I want to serialize my program's states, I need to
serialize the graph as well as this selection. This means I have to
serialize references to vertices. Now AFAIK I cannot simply serialize
descriptors, because they essentially are pointers. I need a persistent
ID. Is there existing functionality for this? If not, I have to either
use one of the vertex properties as ID, or autogenerate IDs (for
example, by using casting the descriptors to an intptr_t and using this
value as ID) and upon deserialization use these for mapping the right
descriptors back into the list.

2) One vertex property is a map of boost::any values. map < string, any
> to be exact. Does the BGL serialize the properties? If so, how does
it deal with boost::any constructs?