From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-12 15:06:38

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Williams" <anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] Re view Request: future library (N2561/Williams
version)

> duration and absolute_time will have distinct types. In Boost at the
> moment,
> for boost::condition_variable, duration is anything that implements the
> Boost
> Date-Time duration concept, such as boost::posix_time::milliseconds, and
> absolute_time is boost::system_time.

Please could you add this to the documentation of the Boost.Thread
(duration_type is anything that implements the Boost Date-Time duration
concept). I have no seen it on the documentation. The same should be true
for the other uses of dureation_type as template parameter. I think that it
becomes urgent to solve the time versus duration concepts usable on real
time applications and doispose of specific models.

template<typename lock_type,typename duration_type> bool
timed_wait(lock_type& lock,duration_type const& rel_time)
Effects:
Atomically call lock.unlock() and blocks the current thread. The thread will
unblock when notified by a call to this->notify_one() or this->notify_all(),
after the period of time indicated by the rel_time argument has elapsed, or
spuriously. When the thread is unblocked (for whatever reason), the lock is
reacquired by invoking lock.lock() before the call to wait returns. The lock
is also reacquired by invoking lock.lock() if the function exits with an
exception.

Best,
icente

Vicente Juan Botet Escriba