From: Douglas Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-13 11:41:55

On May 11, 2008, at 8:15 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:
> I don't really know how it works, but that seems unlikely to me. It's
> probably implemented as a trigger, which could check the commit url
> and
> take action depending on whether it contains "/branches/" or not.

That's easy to do, if we agree that it's the right thing to do. What
do you think, Rene?

> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> And besides, I can see it being
>> useful to work on bugs in a branch, like say a feature branch.
>
> I think it's reasonable to restrict the automatic closing of trac
> tickets to commits on trunk.

The only issue here is that we don't release code from the trunk;
there's an extra merge-to-release step that has to occur before the
bug is really "fixed" from the perspective of our users. Should the
bug be considered "fixed" before the change is merged to the release
branch?

        - Doug