From: Jonathan Biggar (jon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-21 14:37:52

Here's a status report on my progress so far.

Jonathan Biggar wrote:
> So there appears to be some interest, and even more interest if it leads
> to developing a new more modern C++ binding for CORBA. But having an
> implementation of the current binding would be a huge start for that.
>
> So on this basis, I plan to proceed. Here's my plan to boostify the ORB:
>
> 1. Remove the dependency on ACE thread, sockets and event dispatch
> classes and replacing them with the equivalents from boost.

I now have a running ORB that only uses BOOST libraries. There's
probably some code that needs restructuring, since I used the ACE
Reactor pattern and have made pretty much the minimal changes to use
Boost.asio's Proactor pattern instead. So the code isn't quite as neat
as I'd like. But that refactoring can wait until later.

> 2. Boostify the source code per the documented boost guidelines.
> This includes:
>
> a. Reorganizing the source directories
> b. changing header & source files to use boost standards for
> license, include paths, macros, etc

I've done most of this, but I have a few more TODOs on my list.

> c. making the project compile with bjam

This is my next major task.

--
Jon Biggar