From: Jurko Gospodnetić (jurko.gospodnetic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-22 05:31:49

   Hi Peter.

>>> Also... the renamed class name as used in the original patch seemed
>>> clearer since Visual C++ still has a bug with exposing this identified
>>> in the global namespace... and 'critical_section' seems much more likely
>>> to cause problems than
>>> critical_section__whatever_we_write_here_as_an_explanation.
>> The bug appears to import all boost::detail identifiers into the global
>> namespace, not just critical_section. It's not reasonable to change them
>> all. A better way to deal with the problem would be to just remove the
>> offending "using namespace boost::detail;" line from
>> boost/serialization/detail/shared_count_132.hpp. It's even guarded for
>> Borland. Note also the "using namespace boost;" in the same header, it
>> imports all boost identifiers as well, and it's definitely not reasonable
>> change these to contain an "explanation" suffix.
>
> No interest? Robert? Jurko?

  Oh, sorry... I have not replied because I agree with you and could not
think of anything useful to give back to the conversation. :-) I guess I
should have nodded...

   As to the actual shared_count_132.hpp change... If someone can do it
- I am all for it... I guess I am just too much of a coward to do it
myself. :-)) Fear of way too many undocumented relations to other code
that I have no way of testing... and of not having enough time to
properly deal with all the feedback/anger resulting from the change. :-)
I would be happy to review it though...

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić