From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-23 15:48:49

A small group of volunteers has been working on a new build system for
Boost based on CMake, a cross-platform, open-source build system. We
have reached the point where our core build system has become
relatively stable, and we are requesting volunteers to help us improve
the build system further by improving the documentation, implementing
new features, porting the system to other platforms, etc. We are most
interested in volunteers who are:

   * Willing to learn the CMake build system and the Boost-specific
macros we have built for CMake
   * Interested in the technical challenges of building, testing, and
deploying Boost
   * Able to test on a variety of platforms and compilers
   * Willing to write as much documentation as code (or more!)
   * Unwilling to participate in build-system flame wars

Anyone interested in joining this effort should read about CMake and
our CMake-based build system for Boost (links below), then join the
Boost-CMake mailing list (also below). To get a sense of the kind of
deployment options we would like CMake to provide in the future,
please download the CMake-generated binary installer for Windows,
linked below, and direct comments to the Boost-CMake mailing list.

Please note that we are not proposing to replace the existing bjam-
based build system in Boost. The CMake-based build system will be
developed alongside the existing build system. We will not speculate
regarding any future Boost policy decisions regarding build systems.

Useful links:
   CMake: http://www.cmake.org
   Boost-CMake documentation: http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/CMake