From: Torsten Maehne (Torsten.Maehne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-29 12:57:37

Hello Matthias,

Matthias Schabel wrote:
> This looks like a very nice starting point for integration of
> Boost.Units with Lambda/Function. We naturally are enthusiastic about
> anything that leverages existing Boost technology and will extend the
> applicability of the Units library. If you are interested in putting
> together some extended examples and a test suite for this stuff and
> working to ensure that it functions well on the covered range of
> compilers, I think a <boost/units/lambda.hpp> header would be a nice
> extension to the library.
>
> Matthias

Thank you for your fast and positive feedback! It would be nice, if
lambda.hpp became an official part of Boost.Units as it would make it
easier to keep in sync with the rest of the library and expose it to
more eyes to find bugs. My work would also profit from its improvement
as it promises to simplify the parametrization of my system models. I'm
therefore willed to working out a more extented example and a test
suite. However, I have to admit that I'm still a newbie to Boost and C++
library development. I'll try to follow the pattern from the files found
in the libs/units/example/ and libs/units/test/ directories. For testing
different compilers, I'm more or less limited to gcc on Debian/Stable
and Cygwin.

I'm open for any further hints and suggestions.

Best regards,

Torsten