From: Anthony Williams (anthony.ajw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-30 06:29:27

Frank Mori Hess <frank.hess_at_[hidden]> writes:

> 1) In order to wait on an arbitrary number of futures, determined at
> runtime, we need some kind of container.
>
> 2) Since containers are homogeneous, that means some kind of type erasure
> (future<void>).

I don't think that waiting for any of a dynamic set of futures of
different types is common. My new wait_for_any implementation allows
waiting for one of a container of identical futures, or one of a
compile-time set of futures of heterogeneous types. I think that
should cover most real uses.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams            | Just Software Solutions Ltd
Custom Software Development | http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk