From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-01 15:27:23

2008/5/28 John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]>:

> Looks a bit better if you modify the Jamfile using the patch below, the main
> outstanding issues are the very long code blocks - code blocks are formatted
> as "keep together" which causes them to start on a new page if they're too
> big for a page, this is part of the "monospace.verbatim.properties"
> attribute set, so we can't override on the command line (ie in the Jamfile),
> only in an xsl customisation layer. Normally "keep-together" is what we
> want escpecially for smallish code blocks, but it causes issues for very
> long blocks, is there any way these can be split up? Hmm, maybe not on
> looking again :-(
>
> Oh and the png image is too large for the page, can you generate an SVG for
> this, it would look much nicer :-)

Thanks for the help. I've applied your changes, adjusted the PNG's
pixels per inch so it isn't so huge, added an SVG and a few other
tweaks. There's a new pdf at the same location:

http://unordered.nfshost.com/pdfs/unordered.pdf

I've also tried generating a single html page and creating a pdf from
that using prince (http://www.princexml.com/). This approach should
give us a little more control over page breaks using CSS. Although the
html output isn't ideal for this kind of thing. The result so far is
at:

http://unordered.nfshost.com/pdfs/unordered-prince.pdf

Daniel