From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-02 07:26:06

Back in March, Steve M. Robbins wrote to boost_at_[hidden]:
> [is it] useful for a linux distribution (Debian) to keep
> multiple versions of Boost available simultaneously; e.g. 1.34.1 and
> 1.35. Currently Debian provides only the latest version of Boost.

Hi Steve,

I've just had a look at packages.debian.org and as far as I can see
there is a package called libboost1.35-dev, which unpacks headers into
/usr/include/boost. So although you could have e.g. libboost1.36-dev
on the Debian ftp server, it would be impossible to actually install
both on the same machine since they would conflict over what to put in
/usr/include/boost. Have I understood this correctly? Maybe there is
some symlink magic or similar that I have missed.

I was about to start converting some of my code to 1.35, but I'm less
enthusiastic about that if I have to remove 1.34 and so convert
everything in one go.

Regards, Phil.

p.s. I just clicked on sumost.ca and see that you've been hacking your
digital picture frame. Me too. Got Debian running on it yet?