From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-02 18:49:49

On 02/06/2008, John Maddock <jz.maddock_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> These both look pretty good to me: the first has the "no page break in long
> code block" issue, the second doesn't have the TOC at the side.

It does but it isn't shown as default. Although it's not very good.
It's based on the header elements which don't always represent the
structure of the boostbook document. This could possibly be improved,
although that might not play well with chunking.

> Actually there *may* be a solution to the
> wrongly-keeping-long-blocks-together issue: insert a "<?dbfo
> keep-together="auto" ?>" inside the Docbook XML for the long block, that
> should then allow it to page break and stop it from starting a new page.
> The problem is while I think I can see how to insert this into quickbook, I
> can't see how to insert this into your ref.xml at present :-(

I tried adding it to the synopses in the boostbook xsl, but it didn't
seem to make much difference. The change to the xsl is at:

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/46060

If we could get this to work I could try to develop something a bit
more sophisticated.

If you're interested, you can see the CSS I used for the other
version. That was also largely concerned with where page breaks can
appear.

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/46021

Daniel