From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-01 09:24:52

Edward Diener wrote:
> It is very nice that ASIO has all of this functionality which you
> mention but since the overview documentation, aside from the tutorials
> and examples, is nonexistent it would take a more persistent programmer
> than I am to figure out how to do anything with the library other than
> socket programming. Even in the latter regard I find the lack of an
> overview to be daunting as I do not learn libraries well from
> tutorials/examples, but do from actual documentation with conceptual
> explanations.

Improving the asio docs is an ongoing project. I'm sure that the format
is currently biased towards my personal preference when it comes to
using documentation. Your grievances are duly noted.

I'm already working on a set of use-case based entry points for the
documentation, which will serve as an overview, as since 1.35 the
library has grown from just networking to serve other needs like serial
ports, descriptors, windows handles, etc. I'm planning this for 1.36,
but my time is very limited so we'll see how much of it gets in.

Cheers,
Chris