From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-01 15:17:22

On 01/07/2008, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> If we allow lowercase letters, and add a restriction that the first
> character has to be a letter or number

It would be nice to allow the first character to be an underscore.
It's an 'allowable' character.

We should probably also disallow file names which only differ by case.
Although, they'd probably show up pretty quickly so maybe we don't
need to.

> but otherwise stick with
> ISO-9660:1999, 1.35.0 would have 773 violations. See
> http://mysite.verizon.net/beman/temp.html
>
> If we also allow '-', that would cut the violations to 130. See
> http://mysite.verizon.net/beman/temp1.html

A lot of those violations are in the boostbook based documentation.
I've already changed it so that it won't generate filenames with
spaces and can do the same for other characters - the filenames will
be less useful but that's not really a problem.

I've also been working on a better method of generating the file
names, which can limit the length of file and directory names. It's in
the doc branch (https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/46022/) and
I was planning on including it in 1.37 (if no one objected).

Daniel