From: Steven Ross (spreadsort_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-06 01:31:36

I've uploaded a new integer_sort release to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/spreadsort/, and attached the source to this
email.
This uses randomaccessiterators just like std::sort, and should be just as
flexible. I will see if using some generic algorithms for iterators
improves the performance a little; I'm seeing a noticeable speed penalty
with iterators instead of pointers. I get the same performance as the old
code when I pass in pointers as the iterators, but a roughly 15% increase in
runtime when I use .begin() and .end().

I tried the performance optimization I discussed in a prior email, and it
didn't work. I'm going to leave it as is, because I've found the old way to
give a safe, steady performance improvement across platforms, even if said
improvement isn't huge.

Suggestions are welcome.

Steve