From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-11 14:19:39

on Fri Jul 11 2008, "Peng Yu" <pengyu.ut-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:13 AM, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> What is your goal in using fusion? If it isn't because you need to run
>> faster, you might look at
>> http://stlab.adobe.com/wiki/images/c/c9/Boost_poly.pdf, which could give
>> you some ideas for removing the coding burden of runtime polymorphism.
>
> I do want it fast. The application is double dispatch. Using static
> polymorphism instead of dynamic polymorphism should give at least a
> few time runtime improvement.

It certainly could.

> Do you mean that it is not possible to write the code in fusion as
> easy to read as my original code?

What I mean is that Fusion code will only be as easy to read as STL code
when you're as familiar with Fusion as you are with STL today.

> I didn't quite catch what the key point in the slides that you
> pointed. Would you please let me know what is about and how it could
> apply to my problem?

It's about type erasure but it seems to me from what you say about your
requirements above that it won't help you very much, if at all.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing