From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-22 11:20:36

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 07:30, Thorsten Ottosen
<thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Mathias Gaunard skrev:
>>
>> As for forcing a pointer to not be empty, I suppose you're talking of
>> making overloads of constructor and operator= for `int' and make them
>> generate errors?
>
> That seems like a nice idea that I will think about applying to
> Boost.PtrContainer.

I'm not convinced that this is useful. It doesn't protect against
real nulls of pointer type, and if I see a failure talking about int
when I want a null pointer, my first instinct would be to assume it's
an overload or deduction error, and just cast it, at which point it
will compile.

YMMV,
~ Scott