From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-23 12:37:13

2008/7/23 Robert Jones <robertgbjones_at_[hidden]>:
> Am I correct in thinking that the Boost sandbox in entirely contained on the
> sourceforge site in the Boost Sandbox project, and that it's not part of, or
> contained in, the main Boost site?

No, we're longer using sourceforge. We have a space in our subversion
repository for sandbox development, you can have a look at:

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox

But it's a bit chaotic. And I expect there are people working on
potential boost libraries in other places.

> Also, I see the Boost Project has only 130 developers, and the Boost
> Sandbox Project only 89. This is the entire Boost development community?
> Or do these people commonly commit on behalf of others?

Here's a list of everyone with a subversion account on the new server:

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/report/16

Which is 117 accounts, this includes a few duplicate accounts and the
'no-maintainer' user so the number of people will be a little smaller.
Some accounts only have write access to the sandbox area. The total
number of 'official' boost developers is pretty small, considering the
size of the project, as most libraries are maintained by just one or
two developers. But we do receive patches from our users, so I don't
know how large the entire development community is.

Hope that helps,

Daniel