From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-23 15:08:17

Steven Watanabe wrote:

> AMDG
>
> Daniel James wrote:
>> 2008/7/23 Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:
>>
>>> error: Unable to find file or target named
>>> error: 'object(file-target)@3310'
>>> error: referred from project at
>>> error: '/D:/boost/release/tools/quickbook'
>>>
>>> I don't know anything about quickbook, so help is needed to debug this
>>> failure.
>>>

>> This appears to be a problem with boost build. It should build
>> quickbook automatically if you haven't specified the location of a
>> prebuilt executable. But something is going wrong. I don't think the
>> quickbook build tool has been changed, so the problem might be
>> somewhere else in boost build.
>>

> This is a known bug. http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1584
> I created a patch, but someone who knows more bbv2 than me should
> check that it is actually right.

Oh, I did not realize it's one-liner. I think it's perfectly fine, that's
how property propagation generally works. Steven, feel free to commit this.

OTOH, it seems like we have *two* workarounds:

1. Explicitly specify the location of quickbook binary in "using quickbook".
2. Do not use the <dependency> feature in doc Jamfile of accumulators library,
as the ticket claims such <dependency> is not actually necessary.

So, if anybody wants to get doc building working sooner than the fix
is checked in, you know what to do ;-)

- Volodya