From: Marshall Clow (marshall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-26 17:28:50

At 5:07 PM -0400 7/26/08, Daryle Walker wrote:
>I noticed that some of my code is showing up in the inspection
>report. Specifically, "boost/math/common_factor_rt.hpp" and a lot
>of Boost.Rational. When I looked at the former file, I remembered
>why I never corrected those files before: I share the copyright for
>those files with Paul Moore, and I've never been able to find him
>again.
>(See my latest attempt below.) Unless someone else here knows how
>to contact him (if he's still alive), what do we do? Do we
>special-case those files to be skipped by the inspector? Do we try
>re-implementing the interface in those files so they won't contain
>Paul's work?

In the short term, you can shut up the inspector report by putting
"boostinspect:nolicense" into a comment in the file.

If you do that, I would suggest that you add an explanation about why
you are doing this (your explanation above is sufficient, IMHO).

FYI, here are a list of files in the trunk that currently use this method:
        boost/python/detail/python22_fixed.h
        libs/iterator/doc/default.css
        libs/ptr_container/doc/default.css
        libs/python/doc/PyConDC_2003/default.css
        more/blanket-permission.txt

--
-- Marshall
Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall_at_[hidden]>