From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-28 11:58:26

David Abrahams wrote:
> Suggestion: handle that by deferring the availability of the
> registrations associated with that DLL until the user explicitly says
> it's safe to add them. The idea is that every DLL adds things to its
> local registry and in a MT application, that is only combined with the
> global registry via an explicit call, when presumably the user knows
> no threads are doing serialization.

I have always presumed that loading of DLLS would be under the control
of the user program so that he could take appropriate steps to

a) be sure that loading/unloading of DLLS wasn't occurring while
in the midst of serialization stomething.

b) loading/unloading DLLS occurred one at at time.

It seems to me that this is enough to avoid problems.
Am I missing something?

Robert Ramey