From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-29 17:39:29

Markus Schöpflin schrieb:

[...]

> If there is a supported Boost.Build feature (is there?) to specify a
> maximum number of pending instantiations, we could even add this to the
> Jamfile for the test in questions.

There is such a feature, it has been added 6 days ago...

feature.feature c++-template-depth
     :
         [ numbers.range 128 1024 : 128 ]
         [ numbers.range 20 1000 : 10 ]
         # Maximum template instantiation depth guaranteed
         # for ANSI/ISO C++ conforming programs.
         17
     :
         incidental propagated ;

As a side note, this makes me wonder what the default value for this
feature actually is? 128? And could the first range perhaps be modified
to 64 1024 : 64?

But anyway, I think that adding c++-template-depth=65 (Is 65 enough? 64
is not, 128 is for sure.) to the integer test is the best solution for
this, provided that we add support for this feature to the acc and
hp_cxx toolsets, which seems fairly easy.

What do you think?

Markus