From: Michael Marcin (mike.marcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-31 13:16:41

Neal Becker wrote:
> Daniel Frey wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 07:47 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
>>> I have the beginning of a fixed-pt binary lib. Fixed-pt is popular in
>>> DSP applications. It is integer arithmetic, but keeping track of the
>>> binary pt.
>>>
>>> It is built on top of constrained_value.
>>>
>>> It is small, so I include it here:
>> I think you should return self& instead of self from most of the
>> operators.
>>
> Yes, thanks (oversight)

Be sure to check the size of your type with your compiler. Some embedded
and DSP compilers in the past made types that derive from operators
larger. Although I think that was partially due to a operators bug that
was fixed a long time ago.

There have been several fixed-point libraries discussed on this list you
should search the archives including one very interesting one built on
proto by Maurizio Vitale IIRC.

Thanks,

Michael Marcin