From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-02 07:47:37

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:21:01 +0200, Doug Gregor <dgregor_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2008, at 5:05 PM, Brian Davis wrote:
> Boost will not consider another source code management tool without a
> complete plan for hosting the Boost repository, including details
> regarding who administers the server, where that server is located,
> whether it can handle our bandwidth requirements, etc, along with a plan
> for migrating all of Boost's tools and processes on all platforms to
> this new system. Without a comprehensive plan, any discussions of
> alternative source code management systems for Boost are merely noise on
> this mailing list, and distract us from what we do best: build great
> libraries for the C++ community.

While this makes perfectly sense I wonder if it's still possible to use a
distributed version control system with Boost as it might be possible to
import/export files from/to SVN. It depends on the distributed version
control system used of course. But if some users of distributed version
control systems have some experience here it would be great if it's shared
and steps how to proceed are explained in the Wiki for example (personally
I'm interested in monotone :).

Boris