From: Isaac Dupree (isaacdupree_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-10 12:17:14

Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> Isaac Dupree wrote:
>> I'm looking at all these "operator unspecified_bool_type"s in Boost.
>> They vary:
>>
>> It's hard to get all of these right, and various Boost libraries have
>> made changes in the past that got it wrong:
>> type-safety
>> compiler workarounds
>> zero runtime overhead (a.k.a. more compiler workarounds)
>
> At some time, there was a safe-bool thingy in Boost.Operators, but it
> was removed.
> I honestly do not know why.

Well, I found
http://www.pdc.kth.se/training/Talks/C++/boost/libs/utility/operators.htm#safe_bool_note
and http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2003/03/45401.php

not contained here:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_31_0/libs/utility/operators.htm

the changelog of the first link mentions a change in '05
that isn't in mainline. The thread goes some way pointing
out pitfalls. I had some difficulty reading the thread, but
it seems to start here:

Anyway then it just ends. Maybe it wasn't ever finished and
included into boost?