From: Baptiste Lepilleur (blepctc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-14 03:16:02

I second this query. boost.thread is pretty much unusable on AIX as you end
up with thread having a stack size of about 96K.

>From what I've seen in the code, no stack size (or any other attributes) is
specified on thread creation. Unless I'm mistaken, this means the thread is
created with whatever the OS assumes to be a reasonnable default. This can
be fairly low on some platforms...

IMHO, either an API should be provided to set the stack size or some "more
pratical/portable default" should be hard-coded in thread creation.

Baptiste.