From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-19 04:33:53

frederic.bron_at_[hidden] wrote:
>> OK, first off there's an email invitaion to the Sandbox on it's way,
>> once you're signed up then checkout using:
>> svn co https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox [local-path]
>> and you'll find a copy of the type_traits lib under /type_traits/.
>
> I have done this. I have added (yet only local) my file and a test
> file. How can I run the tests automatically?

cd into /libs/type_traits/test/ and run:

bjam mytoolset

to build and run all the tests: no need to even add your new tests to the
Jamfile, they should get picked up automatically :-)

You will have to make sure that "mytoolset" has been configured in your
user-config.jam, oh wait, since this is in the sandbox also make sure that
the environment variable BOOST_ROOT points to a copy of the full boost tree
as well.

>> Procedure wise, if you can follow the existing structure that would
>> be great: use one header per trait and one one .cpp file for each
>> trait test etc.
>
> Are you sure one header for all comparison operators would not be
> better than one for each?

Honestly, I'm not sure :-(

Normally we have one per trait, each with the same name as the trait, I'd
rather stick with that unless there's good reason not to.

HTH, John.