From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-20 12:53:00

Sebastian Redl wrote:
> As I understand it, the change of boost/throw_exception.hpp was
> proposed and discussed and finally - by apparent majority (as in, most
> people
> who spoke up were for it) - accepted before it was implemented.
> Also, I believe there was talk that there would be a simple
> preprocessor macro to revert to the old behaviour.

If I had been aware of this discussion, I would have raised
the issue at the time. I can't follow them all. Sorry about that.

It looks like for some compilers, the preprocessor macros alter the
behavior
to disabled - even though those compilers actually can
throw exceptions so the new behavior is even more
complex and arbitrary than I thought.

Its hard to believe that a majority thought this was a good
idea. Not that that's relevant. It's still a bad idea.

Robert Ramey