From: John C. Femiani (john.femiani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-22 13:37:17

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> Francois Barel skrev:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> boost::iterator_range currently contains both 'iterator' and
>> 'reference' typedefs, and yet only a 'const_iterator' one (no
>> 'const_reference').
<snip>

> I guess it possible, and sub-range already has the const_reference
> typedef. There might also be some minor tweaks to better support
> iterators that return proxies or by value for operator*().
>
> I'll look into it.
>
> -Thorsten

I hit similar problems just yesterday dealing with rows of images from
GIL as ranges, since I think GIL uses proxies instead of references. I
noticed that some code (wither range or transform_iterator) just uses
the value type as a const reference, which gave me confusing compiler
problems I am going to have to work through today.

--John