Subject: Re: [boost] Mentoring students
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-05 12:29:38

on Thu Sep 04 2008, "Chris De Vries" <cdevries-AT-ieee.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Chris De Vries and I am involved with the IEEE student branch at
> the Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia [1]. I am
> organizing a program that encourages students to become involved with open
> source. I am looking for projects that are interested in taking on students.
> The branch will be running an information session and I am hoping to list
> some projects that are willing to mentor students. Is Boost interested?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris De Vries

Hi Chris,

I think you'll probably hear something like this from many projects...
Boost is already involved in Google Summer of Code, which on the face of
it seems like a similar program, and takes a great deal of time from
those participating. I can't speak for others, but it seems unlikely
that anyone would have the resources to support two such programs.

Maybe you have already thought about how to compete with GSoC and have
designed it to be more attractive? If so, it would be good to know the
details.

Thanks!

--
Dave Abrahams