Subject: Re: [boost] Final report of GSOC project 'Spatial Indexes'
From: Christian Holmquist (c.holmquist_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-11 20:43:20

>> - Build a Quadtree.
>> - Build an rTree.
>> - Integrate some previous work from a former GSoC project of a k-d-tree.
>> - Test and document everything.

Hi,
This is a very interesting project, it's filling an huge gap and soo many
projects need to reimplement these structures.

I have one early question, have you considered pushing the quadtree and
rtree classes into boost::intrusive, or designing them in the spirit of
boost::intrusive?
The audience who's in need of large spatial databases (the ones who doesn't
need it are fine with linear scans) is likely to hunt for performance. IMO
boost::intrusive has given a flexibility to c++ containers not available
elsewhere, it'd be a clear winner if your quadtree and rtree can be
implemented in generic terms.

Again, I'm highly looking forward to this library!

Best regards,
Christian