Subject: Re: [boost] C++ Builder 2009 and Boost compliance
From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-15 15:30:03

joaquin_at_[hidden] wrote:
> C++ Builder 2009 has been recently launched and there are some claims
> about its
> having much better Boost support than previous versions of the product (see
> for instance http://tinyurl.com/5r2yxu or http://tinyurl.com/6zjnvx ).
>
> Does anyone have first-hand experience of C++ Builder 2009 and can
> verify these
> claims? It'd be nice if we could have a regression test runner for this
> product.

C++ Builder 2009 comes with a prebuilt version of Boost 1.35 for which
support is indeed much improved in the latest compiler. Note however
that this is possible thanks to extensive patches that tweak existing
Borland workarounds to cater for removed bugs and improved standard
compliance.

I have agreed to help merging into trunk the patches developed by
CodeGear and I plan to start committing in the next few days.

Cheers,
Nicola

--
Nicola.Musatti <at> gmail <dot> com