Subject: [boost] [boos][threadalert] What about a submision to boost?
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-24 17:50:50

Hello Ronald,

I need a transactional thread specific context which can also be accesible from other threads during consistency checking.

I've found in your library threadalert (available on the boost vault) the thread_member_ptr which corresponds completely to my needs. I'think that independently of the alert library the thread_member_ptr might be a good candidate to Boost. thread_specific_ptr behaves as a private member of a thread and thread_member_ptr as a public member. This seems a natural extension.

BTW, it would be nice to be able to associate a cleanup function as it is the case of the thread_specific_ptr.

If you need some help I would like to collaborate with you. Please, let me know what do you think.

Best regards,

Vicente Juan Botet Escribá