Subject: [boost] Directory monitor for Windows (Boost.Asio extension)
From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-26 18:48:22

I had created a file monitor in March as a reference implementation of how
to develop a Boost.Asio extension. While it was pretty incomplete at that
time it has become a grown-up and fully tested directory monitor which
supports both synchronous and asynchronous I/O. It currently works on
Windows only as it is based on Microsoft's I/O Completion Ports (for those
who need a directory monitor on Linux see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.asio.user/2699).

The directory monitor can be downloaded here:
http://www.highscore.de/boost/dir_monitor.zip

The zip archive contains various tests which can be used for a quick
start. As the directory monitor is pretty small it shouldn't take much
longer than 10 minutes to use it in your own projects.

Boris