Subject: Re: [boost] [quickbook] probs with docu generation (C++ code)
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-27 06:27:20

2008/10/27 John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]>:

> I've seen that before if the quickbook files have \r\n line endings, but are
> processed by a *nix version of quickbook that expects \n endings (for
> example if you use cygwin on win 32). Could that be the case here?

Probably. This should be fixed in trunk and the new release.

In case you're interested, there's an iterator created using an
iterator adpator that converts windows newlines to single character
newlines. But it was incorrectly tagged as a random access iterator -
so std::string's constructor uses 'operator-' and gets the length of
the original string (with '\r\n's) but then fills it with the newlines
converted to single (so the string is shorter) leaving some junk
characters at the end.

Daniel