Subject: Re: [boost] first Visual Studio 2010 CTP is out, c++0x
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-29 07:06:00

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 6:09 AM, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Richard Webb wrote:
>
>> Can we see about getting the config headers and such updated with
>>> v10 support?
>>>

> If someone would like to submit patches, then yes sure. Unfortunately I
> don't think I'll be downloading the preview myself any time soon...

We need to be cautious. 2010 is really just at a late alpha stage, so much
can change between now and release.

As an example of what can happen, the Codegear/Borland compiler that just
shipped had variadic templates all through the beta process, but a serious
bug surfaced at the eleventh hour, so they were pulled from the final
release.

That said, I've got a bunch of C++0x Boost.Config changes 90% ready. I'll
try to get them into trunk in the next couple of weeks, after 1.37.0 ships.

--Beman