Subject: Re: [boost] boost::filesystem request
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-30 21:59:38

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Jorge Lodos Vigil <lodos_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> It is nice to have a single path class, thank you. I'm curious about the
> internal path representation and the conversion to std::string or
> std::wstring.

Please be patient until a full description gets posted. It may be a week or
two, but not a month or two.

> If I understood the logic, the string type and path traits are now function
> template parameters. Is that correct?

Yes.

> Could you please estimate when filesystem v3 will be included in a boost
> release?

Depends on how feedback when the preview is posted. While I'm quite happy
with it, what others think will be critical in deciding if and when it ever
becomes part of a boost release.

Thanks,

--Beman