Subject: Re: [boost] [flyweight] post-review version available
From: JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-08 09:50:00

Hello Kevin,

De: boost-bounces_at_[hidden] [boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] En nombre de Kevin Sopp [baraclese_at_[hidden]]
Enviado el: viernes, 07 de noviembre de 2008 23:34
Para: boost_at_[hidden]

> I tried to compile the example perf.cpp but I needed to link to the
> pthread library under linux. Otherwise I will get errors like:
>
> perf.cpp:(.text._ZN5boost10flyweights6detail27recursive_lightweight_mutexC1Ev
> [boost::flyweights::detail::recursive_lightweight_mutex::recursive_lightweight_mutex()]+0x1e):
> undefined reference to `pthread_mutexattr_init'
>
> Additionally the loop that tests value access time was optimized away
> so I had to print the value 's' to cout as a quick fix to this.

Thank you for spotting these two quirks. Would you mind repeating your tests
using the replacement files attached?

  boost/flyweight/detail/recursive_lw_mutex.hpp
  libs/flyweight/example/perf.cpp

Hopefully the problems will go away now. Please report back.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo