Subject: Re: [boost] [asio] Multithreaded UDP server
From: Miroslav Beranič ml. (miroslav.beranic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-22 12:46:29

Hi,

I would like to do something like HTTP Server 3, An HTTP server using
a single io_service and a thread pool calling io_service::run(). With
difference it uses UDP and not TCP. Basically I need UDP server that
is (/would be) able to accept connections on multiple threads. Server
accepts command from client and does some work in the background. It
needs to send : SUCCESS or FAILURE back to the client. I have read
examples, tutorials about use of boost::asio::strand, I use it in TCP
server. I am stuck with accepting connections with multiple threads...
I hope I did narrow down the topic, or didn't I?

And: What would be the most efficient way to use CPU power (MacPro
Quad-Core) when working with ASIO (TCP, UDP, ...), here I am referring
to example HTTP 2, HTTP 3 or some other design?

BTW: Great, great work on ASIO and Boost as package...

Best regards,
Miroslav