Subject: Re: [boost] How to design boost package web page?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-23 05:24:27

On
> Behalf Of Peng Yu
> Sent: 23 November 2008 02:24
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: [boost] How to design boost package web page?

> I want to submit a package as well as the documentation. The existing
> web pages for all the packages look similar in style. I'm wondering if
> there are some utilities to make the web page appearance consistent.

My personal recommendation is to use the QuickBook route, perhaps with
Doxygen too. (Watch out for problems with tools file/path specification).

The absurdly complicated toolchain is a pig to set up - see other peoples
user-config.jam for examples, but the actual document production is painless
using the wiki style formatting. It is also easy for other people to alter
if you hand maintenance over to someone else - or ask someone else for help
with editing.

What is especially nice is to embed much of the documentation in the C++
code and include it to display fragments of code in the documentation. This
greatly helps keeping the code and docs in sync.

Look at other people examples: math toolkit and unit are big packages but
there are other smaller ones, including the Quickbook package which may be
easier to follow.

Have fun!

Paul

---