Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] Maintenace Guidelines wiki page
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-23 18:21:37

> Robert, Daniel I'm sorry but, from which peer review process are you
> talking about? The review of the acceptation of a new library or ...

That's what I'm referring to.

> The goal of a review been to ensure quality., you don't think that
> every major evolution of a Boost library should have its own
> mini-review?

I can see the motivation for such a proposal. But honestly I don't
think that the problem is so large and/or so frequent that it
warrents so much effort to avoid. Sometimes this is going
to happen and I'm going to feel that I was snookered. It's
a fact of life that I just have to accept and work around it.
I don't think it can be prevented, all I can do is to make
the library authors sorry they did it. Maybe that diminishes
future occurences.

Robert Ramey