Subject: Re: [boost] [regex] Matching space - help needed
From: Roman Yakovenko (roman.yakovenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-26 15:19:38

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 7:56 PM, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Roman Yakovenko wrote:
>>>
>>> Using proc file system, I compared environment variables,
>>> specifically
>>> LANG is set to "en_US.UTF-8". Both executables load same Boost.Regex
>>> shared library. I am using GCC 3.3.3, on RedHat. The boost version is
>>> 1.34. Searching the web didn't help too.
>
> Roman, can you try with an up-to-date Boost version, I have some dim
> recollection of fixing an issue similar to this.

This is the last entry in my possible solutions list :-). I also
searched trac, for a bug similar to my, I didn't find any.

Today, i know a little bit more about the bug:
* it happens in "match" algorithm only, "search" algorithm works as expected
* wregex, and regex ".getloc().name()" expression returns same data.
* I also found out, that the functionality works fine with boost 1.32.
However, the product I am working on, has been changed a lot too.

My possible solutions list:
* use search algorithm and check whether the found string is the whole string
* use regex with ICU. We have ICU 3.4.
* upgrade boost.

What do you think?

Thank you for help.