Subject: Re: [boost] [math distributions] Laplace distribution
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-27 09:50:46

On
> Behalf Of Thijs van den Berg
> Sent: 27 November 2008 13:59
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] [math distributions] Laplace distribution
>
> I'm trying to set that up with C++ 7.1 but am having a hard time compiling
the unit test
> lib's. I use a ''console projects", single threaded, but it keeps naggin
about the binary
> lib unit_test fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
'libboost_unit_test_framework-vc71-
> sgd-1_37.lib'
> and I don't seem to be able to build *that* one with bjam.... I've tried
>
> bjam --build-type=complete libs/test
>
> but no luck so far...
> Do you have any quick tips?

I have a healthy loathing of bjam. Syntax is weird, doc never seem to tell
you what you NEED to know...

Does this help?

http://www.nabble.com/Need-help-building-boost-on-Windows-XP-td19654083.html

bjam.exe toolset=msvc --with-test --with-filesystem --with-program_options \
    --with-iostreams --with-threads --prefix=C:\Developer\Toolkits\Boost \
    variant=release,debug threading=multi link=static
runtime-link=shared install

link=static looks what you need?

> I've also tried tried the full header include version of the
> unit test, and that also had issues..

> What's your approach/method/configuration on running unit test on MSVC?

I use the included version with the IDE, but the binary library with bjam
ful tests.

It's a bitch - until you get set up.

HTH

Paul