Subject: Re: [boost] [unordered] [MultiIndex] iterator_to
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-27 14:15:42

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 27, 2008, at 9:59 AM, "Daniel James" <daniel_james_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> 2008/11/27 <joaquin_at_[hidden]>:
>>
>> Not everywhere, I'm afraid:
>>
>> http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2007/06/28382.php
>>
>> There are definitely some seriously non-standard tricks there that
>> should
>> IMHO
>> discourage us from using parent_from_member unrestrictedly, useful
>> as this
>> utility
>> may be.
>
> I've already started on an implementation which uses a similar
> technique to MultiIndex so I don't think I'll need to use
> parent_from_member. My iterator_to will be a bit slower than
> MultiIndex's as I have to use the hash function to find the correct
> bucket.

Well, that's no improvement over what I already have. I wouldn't
bother providing the function unless you can do it more efficiently
than that. With the precedent of multi_index it might even be
misleading. The code to do that manually is simple enough IMO.