Subject: Re: [boost] building boost (regex) in mingw
From: Lorenzo Bettini (bettini_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-16 06:27:15

John Maddock wrote:
> Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
>>> Well, actually I need to use my program and the libraries with
>>> autotools...
>>>
>>> would it work the same even with .dll and .lib?
>
> for the .dll yes I believe so: mingw will look for an appropriately
> named .dll when you use -lfoo and link straight to it without needing an
> intermediate .lib or .a file.

I'll try to check this (since I had already built a "staged" regex
library); I'm more concerned about libtool though about this, but again
I'll have to try; yesterday it didn't work, but then I found out that it
was all due to the fact that -lboost... was not given at the end of the
command line (!)