Subject: Re: [boost] [uuid] Interface
From: Vladimir Batov (batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-23 20:10:39

Scott,

> I don't really have any strong objections to your description insofar
> as it applies to char* in the context of "C Strings", but I completely
> disagree with extending it to uuid.

Yes, I think I've explained that my usage of it is mostly historical and
habitual. Also, we've established that "invalid" is not the ideal
description. Still, I cannot see anyone coming out with a better name to
classify nil, null and the like. Until then, I guess, I'll probably keep
using "invalid" (not in spite but merely as the closest *I* can come up
with). Consider my usage of it in broader sense (as you did with pointers).
By now we all understand in what context it is used and we can put this one
to rest -- we still have plenty to debate about, right?

Peace, V.